This cucumber tomato salad recipe is not only refreshing, but actually good for water retention! One prominent symptom we experience with venous insufficiency is swelling. This is very uncomfortable and contributes to other symptoms. Doctors sometimes use diuretic pills to help increase urination and reduce water retention or swelling.
Some foods act as natural diuretics and it’s great to get more of them into your diet if you have varicose veins. You can get the same effect safely by consuming things like fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, basil), fennel, dandelion greens, cucumber, asparagus and celery.
This delicious salad with lots of fresh cucumber and parsley is easy to make, delicious and good for your veins. Try it for your next summer barbecue!
Refreshing Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 mini cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 red Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the cucumber and tomato salad by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
- It’s best when you let it sit for a bit before serving, so the flavors blend together.